Top 5 Indian Scientists
Top 5 Indian scientists: From C. V. Raman to APJ Abdul Kalam, the talents of Indian scientists and inventors have been fully established in many areas, including physics, Chemistry, mathematics, and biology.In this article, we will discuss the Top 5 Indian scientists throughout the history and their wonderful contributions.
1. C V Raman
• Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman(CV Raman) was the great Indian scientist. He won the Nobel Prize in Physics In 1930, for his outstanding work on scattering of light and becoming the first Asian to do so.
• He is associated with the concept of Raman’s Effect, which says that when a light passes through a transparent substance, it scatters. When scientists were confused whether the form of light was like waves or like particles, the Raman Effect proved that light is made up of particles known as photons.In October 1970, he collapsed in his laboratory. He died of natural causes on 21st November 1970.
2. Dr. Jagadish Chandra Bose
• Dr. Jagadish Chandra Bose is the famous scientist for the invention of the Crescograph that can record even the millionth part of a millimeter of plant growth and orbital movement. The Crescograph has also proved the fact that the upward movement of sap in plants is the doing of living cells.
• Acharya J.C. Bose was a man of many talents. He was the first person to use semiconductor junctions to detect radio signals, thus demonstrating wireless communication for the first time. He was the Physicist, biologist, and archaeologist who pioneered the investigation of radio and microwave optics.
• He died on 23rd November 1937.
3. Dr. Homi Jehangir Bhabha
• Dr. Homi Jehangir Bhabha joined the Indian Institute of Sciences at Bangalore as a Reader but soon, he became a Professor of Physics. It was here that he got the idea of building a research institute for some of the new areas of Physics.
• India’s first atomic research center, now known as the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) was established at Trombay, where Bhabha became the first chairman in 1948. India’s first atomic reactor, ‘Apsara’ was also established under his authority.
• He has also played an important role in the Quantum Theory. He was the first person to become the Chairman of the Atomic Energy Commission of India. Dr. Homi Jehangir Bhabha is generally known as the father of Indian nuclear power.
• He died when Air India flight crashed near Mont Blac on 24th Jan 1966.
4. Dr. Vikram Ambalal Sarabhai
• Dr. Vikram Ambalal Sarabhai was the key person behind the launch of India’s first satellite ‘Aryabhatta’. He has Considered the Father of India’s space programme, His studies of cosmic rays have made it evident that cosmic rays are a flow of energetic particles with its source in outer space. On their way to earth, they are influenced by solar energy, and the earth’s atmosphere and magnetism.
• Dr. Sarabhai established many institutes, which are of international standing. The most notable among them are the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs), which are considered outstanding for their management study programmes. Under his supervision, the Thumba Equatorial Rocket Launching Station (TERLS) was set up. He wanted to take education to villages through satellite communication.
5. Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam
• Dr. Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam(APJ), the eleventh President and the great scientist of India, was born on October 15, 1931.
• He is Known for his crucial role in the development of India’s missile, nuclear weapons and his love for children.
• He was awarded the Bharat Ratna in 1997 for his contributions in the field of science and engineering. He developed the Satellite Launch Vehicle (SLV 3) at the Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, which put the satellite Rohini into orbit.
• He also worked as an Aerospace engineer with DRDO and ISRO. He has started his career by designing a small helicopter for the Indian Army.
• He died on 27th July 2015.
Top 5 Indian scientists
Conclusion: These are the top 5 Indian scientists of India. They have made India proud with their great inventions. There is a list of notable or famous scientists from India, you can search more about our scientists on google.