Top 2 Indian Halwa Recipes
Top 2 Indian Halwa Recipes: Halwa is a dessert which is popular not only in Indian but also in Asian and Middle Easterns.The two of the most popular halwa recipes in India are Gajar halwa(carrot halwa) and suji halwa.Gajar ka halwa, also known as gajorer halwa, is a carrot-based sweet dessert from the Indian homes.
Sooji halwa is a delicious halwa which is often made in most Indian homes, the same dish is known as rava sheera in western India and rava Kesari in south India.
1.How to make suji ka Halwa
• 2 cup sooji (semolina or rava)
• 4 cups water or you can use milk also.
• 9 to 10 tablespoon ghee
• 1.5 cups sugar or as required
• Some dry fruits
• Or 1 teaspoon cardamom powder(hari elaichi) you can also use cardamom pods
1. Take a pan or kadai, then put some ghee into it and melt the ghee.
2. Then add some dry fruits to the hot Ghee and fry the dry fruits till they become brown.
3. At the same time take another pan and dissolve the sugar into water.
4.After that add some semolina/ sooji into it and mix it well with ghee.Leave it for some time.
5.When the sooji is light brown and gets a glossy look and does not stick together much then add hot sugar water and the cardamom powder the semolina slowly and bring it to boil.
6. keep on stirring while adding the sugar solution.take care to see that no lumps are formed. Stir the whole mixture very well and let the sooji halwa cook for 5-6 minutes more.
7. Now Serve hot suji Halwa.
2.How to make Gajar(carrot) ka Halwa
• 1kg carrots(gajar)
• 4 cups full fat organic milk
• 4 tablespoon ghee
• 10 to 12 tablespoon sugar
• some dry fruits like cashews(kaju), almond(badam), golden raisins(kishmish) etc.
• 4 to 5 green cardamom(chotti elaichi)
1. First rinse, peel and then grate all the carrots, either with a hand-held grater or in a food processor.
2.Heat ghee in a deep thick bottomed pan or Kadai and add the carrot mixture or grated carrots into it. Now Cook over a gentle flame for 20-30 minutes.
3.While the mixture is simmering on a low flame, keep on stirring in between.
4.Then add some milk to the carrots and cook it for some time.
5.when the milk has 75% reduced, add some sugar and cardamom to the mixture. Stir well and continue to simmer and cook on the low flame.
6.Towards the end, add the dry fruits like cashews, crushed saffron, almond, and raisins into the halwa and switch off the burner.
8. Now Serve hot gajar ka Halwa.
Conclusion: So these are the Top 2 Indian Halwa Recipes. Just read my recipes and make delicious halwa at home easily.If you want to search for more recipes so click here it.