Top 10 poorest states in India
Top 10 poorest states in India: India is the country of diversity be it culture, be its festivals or even wealth. One side, India has cities like Mumbai, Bangalore, and Delhi, where many people are living luxuries lives. And another side, these countries also have several places, where people are living below the poverty line. Here is the list of Top 10 poorest states in India :
• Chhattisgarh is one of the poorest states in India. About 1/3 of Chhattisgarh’s population lives below the poverty line.
• 93% people are poor in the Chhattisgarh state. When we talk about the earning of the state, Chhattisgarh only contributes 15% of the total steel produced in India.
• The poverty level of this state is 39.93%. so Chhattisgarh is number one, among the Top 10 poorest states in India.
• Jharkhand is the second most poor state in India. The poverty level of this state is around at 36.96%.
• And the social indicators of the Jharkhand such as literacy, enrollment, infant mortality and child nutrition are below the all-India average.
• Previously Jharkhand was the part of Bihar till 2000.
• Manipur is the 3rd poorest state in India, it was formed in 1972.
• Poverty in Manipur is around 36.89%.
• There is a lack of power, transport and communication contribute to the industrial backwardness of this state.
• The social and economic infrastructure of Manipur is very lowest in India.
4. Arunachal Pradesh:
• Arunachal Pradesh is the 4th poorest state in India.
• People below the poverty line in this state are 34.67%.
• It is the largest state in the northeastern states and it was formed in 1987.
• The Bihar is the 5th poorest state in India.
• Half of the population of Bihar is living below the poverty line.
• The poverty level in this state is around 33.74%.
• The reasons behind the poverty are backwardness of agriculture are both institutional and technological, illiteracy, and structural and institutional factors.
• The fifth position in the list of the poorest states in India is grabbed by Odisha.
• 32.59% people are living below the poverty line.
• . Half of the people in Odisha are educationally backward and the female literacy is the lower than the national average.
• Odisha has the highest number of children aged between six and 14 years who are not going to school.
• Nearly 31.98% of the people in Assam are below the poverty line. Assam’s location is away from the main production centers of India and this is the main reason for its low economic progress. Climatic conditions of Assam are also a factor hindering the growth of the state.
8. Madhya Pradesh:
• Poverty in Madhya Pradesh is around 31.65%. Madhya Pradesh is the home to the largest number of Scheduled Tribes (STs) in India and is often called the tribal state of India.
• The rural poor in forested areas, particularly tribal populations, are dependent on the forest resources for subsistence, income, and employment.
9. Uttar Pradesh:
• The poverty in UP is 29.43%. It is India’s largest state and also one of the poorest. A cycle of poverty, illness, and death occurs in UP; partly because many girls are married off in their teens.
• UP is the state with the greatest number of malnourished children.
• In Karnataka, the percentage of people below poverty line is 20.91%. Nutritional deficiency among children in Karnataka is acute. Karnataka is number 10 among the Top 10 poorest states in India.
• It has failed in spreading the facilities of Bangalore’s development to rest of the state. It remains one of the few states to have just one city, Bangalore, with more than 1 million people. North Karnataka has remained untouched by development.
Conclusion: There are millions of people who are living below the poverty line in our India. Their kids are not going to school, they are not getting proper healthy diet, many of them are dying from serious diseases in every year. Because they don’t have enough money to survive. Now what we have to do is A LITTLE HELP.
” Because One Little Help Can Make Big Differences,
We Can Not Help Everyone But EVERYONE Can Help” SOMEONE”.
Also, check out:
- Major slum areas in the Top cities of India
- Top 6 Interior designer in Bangalore
- Top Twitter Auto-Follow Tools for Auto-Following Followers